Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother’s Day Card – 4

This is my last card that I’m posting in this series. There is only one other special mom in my life and for her I made this Mother’s Day card and that is my mother-in-law. She is a very talented woman and has more energy than most people, even as a grandmother. We will be spending Mother’s Day with her and my father-in-law at our house this Sunday. Everyone is looking forward to it. I never have to stress about the food, which is a blessing for me, because she was a chef of her own restaurant and still has a passion for cooking and baking. I’ll be making an amazing looking cheese cake that I saw on FormerChef.com and my mother-in-law will be bringing a chocolate mousse cake.

The flower was painted by me, another watercolor idea from a Google search. I used orange card and added a strip of gold card for that bit of shine. The sticker border wasn’t long enough so I added a join. The trick is to cut it at an angle, which makes the join less visible. The lettering came from my first scrapbooking kit by Memories Direct.

I hope you and your kids are having fun making your own Mother’s Day cards. Have a great Mother’s Day on Sunday with your families! Oh, and don't forget to check out my poetry blog Consider the Lilies for some great Mother's Day poems. Come back tomorrow for a whole new series of fantastic photos!

Total Pageviews

Recommended Sites

To be added

Recommended Galleries

To be added