Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother’s Day Card – 3

As you can see by the cards in my previous two posts, there is nothing complicated or difficult about these Mother’s Day cards. They are easy and fun to make and can be used simply as ideas for the kids. I made this card for my step-mom and mailed it the same day as my mom’s one. She’s a lovely lady and a good influence in my dad’s life. She’s the kind of woman that I’d happily spend more time with. Unfortunately, I live too far away.

Yesterday, I mentioned my childhood fascination for stickers. Stickers were to me like stamps are to a young stamp collector. I loved them and could look at them for hours (or almost, anyway). Once I was all grown up I thought that I’d have to set aside my childish love and I did for a time. Scrapbooking brought the passion back into my life. Why am I saying so much about stickers? Well, this card is decorated with a lot of them. The borders and letters are all stickers and, of course, the butterfly. They are great to work with, because I hardly needed scissors or glue with this card and, in my opinion, using them did not turn this card tacky as one might think. In fact, I’m very pleased with the result.

I used scrapbook paper for the stripes. It’s one sheet cut to size. The yellow stripe down the left-hand side of the card is the actual card itself. I left it showing through on purpose. The watercolor flowers were painted by me; however, it is not an original work. Just like yesterday’s one, I got the idea through a Google search.

Don’t forget to check out my Mother’s Day poems at Consider the Lilies. Here’s a list of the ones I’ve already posted, but I’ll post at least on more before Sunday.




Total Pageviews

Recommended Sites

To be added

Recommended Galleries

To be added